Ethan was able to celebrate his 1 Week birthday with his first Doctor's Appointment and several special visitors!
John and I took Ethan to his first appointment Monday. We were thrilled! Ethan was born at 7 lbs 12 oz and dropped to 7 lbs 4 oz in the hospital. He weighed in on Monday at 7 lbs 15 oz. The Dr said that the weight gain was a sure sign that he is healthy and that I am able to provide as necessary during his feedings-Yeah!! Ethan also was showing major improvements in his jaundice-the sunlight therapy must be working! His bruise, heart rate (no murmur could be detected),circumcision, and everything else checked out so well that we do not have to go back for 2 months! Yeah Ethan!!
We had a comical moment during the appointment when Ethan sprayed himself, me, and the nurse while on the scale. They have them weigh completely naked...Boys...you just can't control that little peeper!
After the appointment Shannon brought 3 of her kiddos over to meet Ethan. Sam was mostly interested in Bailey & Mateo but Haley and Madison did so well with Ethan! We will be using Haley and Madison as future babysitters :-)
Megan and Kate also came over to meet Ethan. Kate is so sweet and so active. It made me so excited to watch Ethan grow-they just change so fast! Kate and Ethan are sure to be great friends as they grow older!
Rhonda Sue also came over to steal Ethan...I mean bring us dinner Monday night! That has been our running joke throughout the pregnancy. She loves babies and always would ask me how her baby was doing throughout the 9 months :-) The enchiladas were wonderful and we really appreciated not cooking dinner. The highlight was a homemade peach cobbler for dessert! There is just one problem...we were so wrapped up in baby talk that I forgot to snap her picture with Ethan...She will have to come back soon so I can get that!
My friend Kara came over yesterday to visit Ethan again. She bought him this sweet outfit as soon as we found out we were having a boy. Ethan wanted to show off in it for her!
I'm Nuts About My Mom and Dad
My friend Bill came over as well to visit the little man. He has several grandchildren and was a natural with Ethan. He absolutely loved Bill and hopes he will bring his wife Joann over next time for a visit!
Here are some other 1st week pictures that are just too cute not to share!
Ethan in is adorable Frog outfit from my dear friend Cassie. This was his first time in his car seat and he didn't like it very much. At least he liked the fact that he was leaving the hospital and coming home!!
Grandma has the magical touch! Hiccups are gone :-)
Do you think these Grandpa's are proud?? I'm not sure but it looks like it to me :-)
Grandpa Gwaltney
Grandpa O'Hara
Grandpa & Grandma saying goodbye Sunday to Ethan! It broke their hearts!
Story Time!
Uncle Kyle with Ethan
Getting sunlight to help his jaundice. Bailey decided he needed sunlight too!
My Little Frog Man!
Looking forward to Week #2!!
You are so good at the updates! I love it! Love seeing pictures of sweet little Ethan! He's just sooooooo cute!!!! Glad the first week has been good. I want to come visit again soon!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mind! Your updates make me tear up every time! You look beautiful, and Ethan is SO cute: ) I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete