What's Going On with Ethan at 5 months??
Cut 2 bottom teeth July 2nd
Sits (mostly) by himself
Had his first "meal" in his big boy high chair
Ethan definitely has started recognizing his family. When John or I go to pick him up he lights up with delight and even holds his arms out as if he is saying "Pick me up, Pick me up!".
When my parents came last weekend Ethan was thrilled to see his Gran :-) How fun!
Cracks up at all funny faces, noises, and has a VERY ticklish back (right between his ribs-its a crack up)!
He almost always would rather stand then sit down.
His legs are already very strong! He loves our friend Chase :-)
He has a very serious and intellectual side to him as well. When he reads, sings, or goes to the bathroom he does this groggy low voice. It is his "concentrating" voice! It is too funny :-)
Ethan has been getting up 2-3 times a night on average :-(
BUT he sleeps from 7:15-1:00, 1-3:00, 3- 5:00 and then up about 6:30 or 7:00
I know I should let him cry it out but I'm not that desperate yet...ask me in another month!
That is about it for now...John and I sure love our little All Star!!!
Happy Family :)
Malinda, Ethan is getting so big and staying so cute! That is a fun stage! It will keep getting more and more fun! Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteKatie Huff
P.S. I didn't stop nursing Charlie in the night until about 6 1/2 months. Then we did start the crying it out. It sucks, but was worth it in the end. I think it's all up to you and John on when and if you want to do it though! Just trust your own instincts!
Thanks Katie! That helps to hear that. It is so hard to know what to do...I think I am on the verge of being ready to let him cry it out (only because I am SOOOO tired all the time) but I just can't do it routinely. I have done it a few times but I cringe at the thought of it :-( Thanks again!
ReplyDeleteSure! I think it can get hard to hear everyone elses opinion about what you should do with your own baby. I know I appreciate some of the advice for sure because it's our first time doing it, but sometimes you just have to do what feels right to you! You're a great mommy!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures Malinda!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with Katie! Go with you instincts and what is right for you and your family. Just because a book or someone says it is the right thing doesn't mean its always right for YOU and your baby.
I never let Avery cry it out and I never plan to with Owen. It never felt right to me. Avery eventually learned how to put herself to sleep and there was no crying involved.
It all goes by so fast. I don't mind rocking Owen if he needs that to go to sleep because soon he will be 4 just like his big sister! It truly is amazing how all these stages pass by so quickly.
I think you are a wonderful mommy too! You are doing all the right things! xoxoxox