Monday, April 26, 2010

Simple Pleasures


One aspect of Motherhood that has surprised me is my love for simple pleasures.  To view life through the eyes of a child again is such a gift!  This became glaringly evident when John and I had a simple weekend at home just a few weeks ago.  We played with our puppies, went to the mall and Babies R Us with no agenda, and strolled down pathfinder and unlike usual we stopped to look at the trees, river, and little boards with the types of wildlife to look for along the walk-AMAZING!  I know this gift will continue as Ethan grows and is excited by the simple things in life that I have grown to take for granted.

Ethan lights up around Mateo...I think he is cute but imagine if you were a child! 
He loves when Mateo kisses his toes!

I just happened to capture this face and it cracks me up!  I imagine a similar face in 18 years when I am snapping Ethan's photos before Prom.  I think most boys get sick and tired of photos and that is what this expression reminded me of after a morning full of Mommy snapping his picture!

John feeding Ethan in the middle of Babies R Us.  He was hungry so we stopped everything we were doing-pulled out the bottle and fed, burped and changed our little man!  It was refreshing not to be on any timeline other than little Ethan's! What a pleasure!
Sitting with Ethan at the Mall in Tulsa.  I have NEVER sat at the mall before (okay maybe at the food court).  I am always on a mission to get something done.  Ethan wanted out of his stroller and so we took a few minutes to breath and relax!

Ethan's first Carousel!!  He is a little young to ride but he loved all the lights and music!

As I watched Ethan look at the Carousel in amazement I thought about all the times that I have walked blindly by it on my way to Dillard's or Macy's.  I never even paused for a second.  Having Ethan in my life has been a great lesson for me to slow down, not plan out every minute, and enjoy the simple things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment