John and I had the opportunity to travel to Florida last week for a long Labor Day weekend. We rented a condo outside of Orlando and we had quite the family affair :-) We had one huge slumber party with John's sister Carrie and her husband Mike, their girls Abigail, Emily, and Caroline, as well as John's mom and dad Barbe and Gary. This was also a very special trip as we were able to celebrate John's Nana's 90th birthday as well as her husband Bob's 93rd birthday. These two are quite the pair! John and I both hope that we are as sharp and as active in our 90's! They are absolutely amazing!
John, Nana, Bob, Me & Jr O (4 1/2 Months)
John's Uncle Chuck and his wife Linda invited the entire crew to their lovely home in Orlando for a Labor Day Barbecue and Birthday celebration. We had a wonderful time swimming and we even hosted the 2ND Family Basketball Game. It was so much fun :-)

John, Barbe, Abigail, Carrie, & Uncle Chuck

Mike, Gary, Emily, Linda, Collin, Bob, & Nana

Uncle Chuck, Nana, John
John with Bob opening his birthday presents!
The Basketball Game
Cheerleaders Caroline, Barbe, & EmilyWhile in Florida, John and I also had the opportunity to visit John's Grandfather Charles Brandt, who is suffering from a severe case of Alzheimer's. It is a horrible disease but I enjoyed getting to see John interact with him as he was very pleasant and it was obvious even though he did not recognize John that he truly enjoyed visiting with him. What a treat!

John, Grandpa Charles, Me
John, Grandpa Charles, and Aunt AlmaJohn and I had a wonderful time with our family and we look forward to our next family gathering! Thank you all for a wonderful Labor Day vacation :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment